Sunday, September 27, 2015

Pathway; Learn, Do, Become

Wow! It has been several years that I have posted on this blog. A lot has happened in these short years. I have been challenged to post my thoughts of what I have learned about my lesson I have learned this week. Before I start I want to explain a little bit about what and why; Pathway.
Pathway is a online college course for latter-day-saints who are needing an extra boost on their re-start for college partnered by BYU-Idaho. (At least that's why me and Sam are doing it). We both are striving to get our teaching degrees right now. Doing it together is one of the best ways to motivate each other to get this done together. This semester we are taking a religion institute class and a General Studies class. 

This week we were able to apply Learn, Do, and Become principle. 

Learn: In 1 Nephi 1:1, Nephi talks how he has been born of goodly parents and taught by the teachings of God. Taking this course is very important to me because I have shifted my focus on my learning of God. I have never had a college experience like this before. It has been hard to develop the habit of making my everyday life and thoughts centered in Christ but this is the perfect way to develop this principle. 

Do:1 Nephi 2:1 To do is to put out effort, to commit, to give freely and to obey. In this scripture it says how blessed Lehi is, which is Nephi's father, because he obeyed Gods command. I need to follow his example of the Do every day and live a Christ centered life.

Become: 1 Nephi 2:16  This scripture talks about how Nephi was obedient unto the Lord and did what he commanded of him. To become is to begin to be or come to be something. If we place our focus onto the attributes of Christ we will slowly become like him. 

I love this model. As long as we can learn and do we will become whatever we put our focus on. The most important thing I can place my focus on is to become more like our Redeemer and Savior, Jesus Christ, who is the best example of a person that we should be like.  I challenge anyone who reads this blog post to apply this Learn, Do and Become principle into your life in anything that you want to become like!








No comments: